Pages

Monday 13 July 2015

Diving Osprey

I have just returned from one of the best Wildlife photography weekends I have ever had. The main focus of the weekend was my number one favourite....Ospreys. And by using different hides I was hoping to photograph diving Ospreys from different angles. Well it couldn't have worked out any better, the small lochan in Aviemore is the place for Ospreys, and over the course of two early morning sessions I must have had at least 15 dives.
The photo I have had in my head  for ages is an Osprey coming straight at the camera after surfacing with a fish...well I think I almost achieved my wish.
This series of images starts with the bird surfacing from his dive, gripping the fish before struggling to get up and away from the water, then flying across the loch straight at me, passing down my left.
I had watched this bird circle twice, diving twice and pulling out at the last second, the third time he was getting hassled by a more dominant older bird, but he fixed on his target, dived from at least 100 ft up, then the work started to lock on and try and stay with him as he left the water flying towards me.
A stunning beautiful bird, a real thrill to watch it happen, and even more relieved to catch it on camera.... see what you think.
There will be a few more posts yet...including an experience that ranks in my Top 3 wildlife encounters !!!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled



4 comments:

  1. Gary. Words fail me !! You must be very pleased with your latest osprey shots from Aviemore. Well worth the long journey.You can't better these..stunning.
    I will be up in the Lakes again soon but I am sure I won't get images like these but it wil still be nice to see the ospreys before they depart.Look forward to more excellent work from your lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BREATHTAKING....Just amazing your camera didn't catch fire Gary, well done is something of an understatement. Look forward to the next instalment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely BRILLIANT images Gary,it`s great when you have an image in your head and then you go out and get it.YOU NAILED IT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, any comments you may have are greatly appreciated.
Gary