Pages

Friday 10 December 2010

Garden Birds

All this recent bad weather has meant that the supply of food for birds becomes more of a problem, and my garden feeders have certainly been a lot busier as a result. So recently spent a little time with the camera in the garden, and if nothing else it really made me appreciate the beauty and real pleasure watching them brings, that I normally take for granted. Also the free food on offer is also attracting some rarities for my garden. Lastly, I have included some pics of a very friendly Robin that I met up at RSPB Leighton Moss recently, it was an absolute thrill to have it feeding out of my hand.

Goldfinchs are always welcome, and I do get alot feeding on the Sunflower hearts

DSC_0181

It was a nice surprise when this Wren popped up on the feeders

DSC_0097

I just love Blue Tits

DSC_0822-1

DSC_0528

DSC_0328

A real treat to get Bullfinchs of both sexes coming in to feed

DSC_0294

DSC_0443

Once again I am struggling to identify, either marsh or willow Tit?

DSC_0176

Lastly, an extremely friendly Robin up at Leighton Moss, loved my butties and also posing for the camera

DSC_0149

DSC_0158

DSC_0133

DSC_0130

DSC_0091

DSC_0090

DSC_0482

5 comments:

  1. Some excellent photography as usual Gary....keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most enjoyable set of images.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent photography and a superb blog Gary. Just out of interest what camera and lenses do you use.Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul, thanks for the kind comment. I use a Nikon D90, and the lenses I use vary, but the main lens I use is a Sigma 150-500mm, although the Robin pictures were taken with an 18-55mm as i could get pretty close as it was quite tame.
    regards
    gary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I've been silently enjoying your blog for a while, but I really must comment on that lovely Robin. Your pics are always amazing, but those last two are just gorgeous. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, any comments you may have are greatly appreciated.
Gary